|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Covington is a suburb in the greater metro area of Cincinnati and has a population of about 41,000. The first reverse sting conducted in the city occurred in 1984 and resulted in the arrest of 10 sex buyers. Complaints by residents drive prostitution operations by police, including reverse stings. The city has used both street-level and web-based reverse stings and have sent “dear john” letters to the home addresses of arrestees. Classes at the Health Department are available to sex buyers who are first-time offenders. In these classes, they learn about the health risks associated with involvement in prostitution and receive counseling.
- Covington Police Department
- Covington Department of Health
- National Assessment interviews
- Reverse Stings
- KYPost.com, October 14, 2008. Covington police crackdown on prostitution.
- Kentucky New Era, October 17, 1984. Kenton sex crackdown stymied by legal ruling.
- http://www.fox19.com/heroin-increase-linked-to-prostitution-increase-in-covington (2017)
- Background on Prostitution in the City