Coahoma County, MS
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Coahoma County is located in the Delta region of Mississippi. Its population is about 23, and its government seat is Clarksdale. In May, 2009 a county supervisor and cardiologist was arrested and charged with the federal crime of soliciting prostitution across state lines. A federal investigation began when the suspect’s former colleague gave an FBI agent the doctor’s ‘‘electronic communications’’ from a work computer the two shared. The agent began monitoring SugarDaddyForMe.com, an online chat room for wealthy ‘‘Sugardaddies’’ to meet ‘‘Sugarbabies’’ for ‘‘companionship and entertainment.’’ The investigator found ‘attempts to solicit sexual acts from females in exchange for gifts and monetary payment.’ The information was used to obtain a search warrant to view the suspect’s e-mails. An FBI agent posing as a prostitute began communication with the suspect on the Web site, and the agent was given an e-mail address to set up a meeting. A second undercover officer began chatting with the suspect, who agreed to set up a ‘‘threesome’’ with two prostitutes. The suspect called a few days later and offered to pay the women $400 each, and agreed to meet them in a Coahoma County truck stop. He was arrested, and was carrying nearly $1,100 in cash. He was arraigned in federal court in Greenville.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
Web-Based Reverse Sting, Shaming:
- https://www.meridianstar.com/supervisor-arrested-in-prostitution-sting/ (2009)
- https://swoplv.wordpress.com/ms-official-wants-phone-records-in-prostitution-case-or-feds-in-our-bedrooms/ (2009)
- http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/feds-sugar-daddy-doctor-solicited-women-online-for-sex-work/ (2009)
- https://reason.com/feds-bust-doctor-for-meeting-w (2009)
- http://www.yallpolitics.com/coahoma_county_supervisor_dr_arrested_in_federal_prostitution (2009)
- http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/mid-south-doctor-arrested-on-sex-charges/ (2009)
Comments are closed.