Cloverleaf is a census-designated place of approximately 23,000 residents, located in eastern suburbs of Houston in Harris County, Texas. To reduce prostitution activity in the area, the Harris County Sheriff’s Office has conducted at least two street-level reverse stings in Cloverleaf. Both operations employed undercover male and female officers, who posed as decoy johns and prostituted women. Sex buyers and sellers were then arrested as they approached and propositioned the officers. In September 2013, one such operation netted five johns, all of whom were apprehended after they attempted to solicit sex from an undercover female officer “strolling” in an east Harris County school zone.
- Harris County Sheriff’s Office
- Harris County Constable District 3
- Reverse Stings and Shaming:
- “HCSO Prostitution Sting Leads to 17 Arrests”, Deer Park Broadcaster, August 21 2012.
- “Prostitution Sting Nabs Six in East Harris County School Zone”, Houston Chronicle, August 30 2013.
- “School Zone Sex Sting Ends with 6 Charged with Prostitution”, ABC/KTRK-TV 13, September 3 2013.
- “18 Arrested in 2-Day Harris County Prostitution Sting”, Houston Chronicle, November 15 2013.
- Background on Prostitution in the Area:
- Documented Violence Against Individuals Engaged in Prostitution in the Area: