|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Chilton County is a county of about 44,000 residents in central Alabama, located between Birmingham and Montgomery. The county seat is Clanton. Prostitution and sex trafficking have been documented in the county, as well as drug use associated with the local commercial sex market.
At least one reverse sting with identity disclosure has been conducted in the county to combat consumer-level demand for commercial sex. In April 2022, a two-day human trafficking and prostitution sting conducted by the Chilton County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) and Clanton Police Department led to the arrest of seven people, including three men charged with soliciting prostitution. The goal of the operation was to identify possible victims and traffickers, as well as sex buyers. In addition to the three men charged with solicitation of prostitution, there were also arrests on charges of human trafficking 2nd degree, prostitution, and various drug charges. The identities of the arrested sex buyers were included in news reports and their names and mugshots were posted on CCSO’s social media.
- Chilton County Sheriff’s Office
- Clanton Police Department
Reverse Stings, Identity Disclosure:
- https://www.cbs42.com/7-arrested-in-chilton-county-human-trafficking-sting (2022)
- https://www.clantonadvertiser.com (2022)
- https://www.newsbreak.com/7-arrested-in-chilton-county-human-trafficking-sting (2022)
- https://www.facebook.com/ChiltonCountySheriffsDepartment/posts (2022)
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
Background on Prostitution in the Area: