Calcium is a hamlet and census-designated place of less than 5,000 residents, located in upstate New York’s Jefferson County, near Watertown. In December 2014, following reports of prostitution activity at a hotel along Route 342 in Calcium, New York State Police launched an undercover investigation on the premises that resulted in the arrests of five johns and one prostituted woman. In their efforts, NYSP officers collaborated with the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office. Following the sting, all of the arrestees’ names, ages, and mugshots were publicized by local media outlets.
- New York State Police
- Bureau of Criminal Investigation
- Special Investigations Unit
- Community Narcotics Enforcement Unit
- Metro-Jeff Drug Task Force
- Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office
- Reverse Stings with Shaming: