|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Calcium is a hamlet and census-designated place of fewer than 5,000 residents, located in upstate New York’s Jefferson County near Watertown. The hamlet is in the town of Le Ray. In December 2014, following reports of prostitution at a hotel along Route 342 in Calcium, New York State Police launched an undercover investigation on the premises that resulted in the arrests of five sex buyers and one prostituted woman. In their efforts, NYSP officers collaborated with the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office. Following the sting, all of the arrestees’ names, ages, and mugshots were publicized by local media outlets.
- New York State Police
- Bureau of Criminal Investigation
- Special Investigations Unit
- Community Narcotics Enforcement Unit
- Metro-Jeff Drug Task Force
- Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office
Reverse Stings with Identity Disclosure:
- “Prostitution-related Arrests Made at the Microtel in Watertown,” Madison County Courier, December 16 2014.
- “Undercover Prostitution Sting Ends with Six Arrests,” FOX/WNYF-TV 28, December 16 2014.
- “Six Charged in Prostitution Bust,” Watertown Daily Times, December 17 2014.
Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area:
Comments are closed.