Brown County, MN
|IT Based Tactics||✓|
In September 2017, eight men were arrested in a reverse sting focusing on those seeking to buy sex with minors. The operation was conducted by the Brown County Sheriff’s Department, whose undercover investigators acted as 16-year-old girls offering to trade sex for money or drugs. The men were charged with agreeing to hire a person under 18 for prostitution. A criminal complaint alleges they responded to an advertisement law enforcement posted on Backpage.com and arrived at an undercover location at a residence in Brown County. The identities of the men were publicly released.
- Brown County Sheriff’s Department
- Brown County District Court
- New Ulm Police
- Nicollet County Sheriff’s Office
- Mankato Department of Public Safety
Web-Based Reverse Sting, Shaming:
- http://www.marshallindependent.com/news/local-news/2017/09/hearings-postponed-for-sex-sting-suspects/ (2017)
- http://www.marshallindependent.com/news/local-news/2017/10/hearing-continued-for-sex-sting-suspect/ (2017)
Background on Sex Traficking in the Area:
- http://www.nujournal.com/news/local-news/2018/11/29/court-of-appeals-upholds-sex-sting-conviction/ (2018)
Comments are closed.