Bowling Green is a city of about 30,000 located on the southern outskirts of the Toledo metropolitan area, along route 75. The Bowling Green Police Department and Wood County Sheriff’s Office have collaborated on web-based reverse stings, and have publicly identified those arrested – distributing their names, ages, town of residence, and photos to the media. A reverse sting in November 2012 resulted in the arrest of 12 johns. Another reversal in April 2013 resulted in the arrest of four johns. Operations in May and June 2013 resulted in the arrests of five and four sex buyers, respectively. In the 2013 reversals, the operations included participation from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification, Lake Police Department, Perrysburg Police Department, and Ottawa County.
- Bowling Green Police Department
- Wood County Sheriff’s Office
- Bureau of Criminal Identification
- Lake Police Department
- Perrysburg Police Department
- Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
- Web-Based Reverse Stings with Shaming:
- “4 Arrested in Prostitution Sting in BG”, Bowling Green Sentinel-Tribune, June 2 2011.
- “Former Avon Lake Mayor Arrested in Prostitution Sting”, Elyria Chronicle-Telegram, July 6 2011.
- “18 Arrested in 2 BG Undercover Vice Operations”, CBS/WTOL-TV 11, November 16 2012.
- “8 Arrested in Prostitution Sting; Arrests Made during the Weekend at a Hotel”, Norwalk Reflector, April 23 2013.
- “Police Arrest 8 People in Bowling Green Prostitution Sting”, Bowling Green News, April 23 2013.
- Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Exploitation in the Area: