|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Bow is an unincorporated community of about 3,600 residents in Skagit County, Washington. It is located near the towns of Bay View, Edison, Burlington, and Mount Vernon. Bow is roughly an hour north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of the Canadian border via Interstate 5. The region has had well-documented street prostitution and indoor prostitution occurring in hotels and storefront brothels, as well as documented cases of sex trafficking of juvenile victims, and related violence and drug offenses. Complaints from residents play a large role in police conducting anti-prostitution operations.
In February, 2017, the Washington State Patrol responded to reports of an incident at the Northbound Bow Hill Rest area on Interstate 5. A witness reported that a male was dragging a female around while soliciting her for sex. According to a probable cause affidavit of arrest, Troopers arrived and contacted a semi-truck driver in the area whom had reported the incident. The man was arrested and booked into the Skagit County Jail where he was held on an investigative hold for promoting prostitution and harassment. He was held in lieu of $5,000 bail.
Sex Buyer Arrest, Identity Disclosure:
Background on Local a Sex Trafficking, Prostitution, Related Crimes, Violence:
- Six arrested in online child-sex sting (2014)
- “Operation Cross Country VIII Recovers Four Juveniles Being Victimized through Prostitution in Washington State,” States News Service, June 23 2014.
- Human Trafficking – Skagit Faces a Fast Growing Threat (2015)
- Man Being Held in Skagit County Jail for Human Trafficking (2017)
- Richland Man Arrested for Promoting Prostitution at Bow Hill Rest Area (2017)
- Mount Vernon hotel closed due to drugs; owner arrested (2020)
Comments are closed.