Beauregard Parish is located in western Louisiana, near the Texas border. The population is about 38,000. The parish seat is DeRidder, a city with a population of abut 11,000. Prostitution and sex trafficking are well documented in the Parish, and among the efforts to address those crimes are operations seeking to arrest and punish sex buyers. For example, in December, 2018, three men were arrested in Southwest Louisiana after Louisiana State Police investigators worked undercover on social media in an effort to apprehend individuals seeking to have sexual contact with children. One man was arrested after he went to a local hotel and agreed to pay to have sex and oral sex with an adult female, a 13-year-old child and two 7-year-old children. He was arrested with assistance from the Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Department and DeRidder City Police, and was charged with prostitution, prostitution involving persons under 17, computer aided solicitation of a minor and indecent behavior with a juvenile. He was was booked into the Beauregard parish jail and bond was set at $300,000. He had previously been arrested in Calcasieu Parish for pornography involving juveniles and for obscenity. Two other men traveled separately to an area hotel after they agreed to pay money to facilitate sexual acts with an adult female and a 13-year-old child, and Troopers arrested both men and charged each with prostitution, prostitution involving persons under 17, and computer-aided solicitation of a minor.
- Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office
- DeRidder City Police Department
- Louisiana State Police
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office
- Port Arthur P.D.
Web Based Reverse Stings, Shaming:
- https://www.beauregarddailynews.net/social-media-sex-sting-results-in-local-arrest (2018)
- http://www.westcentralsbest.com/todays_country_1057/news/sulphur-man-arrested-in-deridder-on-prostitution-charges (2019)
- https://www.kplctv.com/2021/02/28/bpso-assists-human-trafficking-arrests/ (2021)
- https://www.beauregarddailynews.net/bpso-aids-joint-human-trafficking-operation (2021)