|IT Based Tactics||✓|
Batesville is a city in Franklin and Ripley counties in the state of Indiana. Its population is roughly 7,200, making it the largest community in both counties but is not the county seat of either.
Arrest, identity disclosure, and loss of employment are consequences of buying sex that have occurred in Batesville. In August, 2015, the city of Batesville announced the resignation of its Mayor after allegations that he patronized a prostitute. The man submitted his resignation in a letter to his attorney and addressing the Batesville City Council. The Indiana State Police said the Mayor paid a man for sex acts and was charged with “patronizing a prostitute.” Police allege that the prostituting man sought more money after learning that the sex buyers client was mayor. A probable cause affidavit said the mayor found the prostituted man through a website. In April, 2016 the mayor was sentenced to one year on probation after pleading guilty to patronizing a prostitute.
- Batesville City Council
- Indiana State Police
Arrest, Identity Disclosure, Loss of Employment:
- https://www.wlwt.com/batesville-mayor-resigns-after-prostitution-arrest (2015)
- https://nypost.com/small-town-mayor-had-sex-with-male-prostitute-who-blackmailed-him (2015)
- https://www.fox19.com/batesville-ind-mayor-arrested-charged-for-patronizing-prostitution/ (2015)
- https://www.wishtv.com/batesville-reacts-to-mayors-prostitution-bust/ (2015)
- https://www.indystar.com/sex-batesville-mayor-gets-probation-prostitution-case/ (2016)
- https://www.wane.com/ex-batesville-mayor-on-probation-for-patronizing-prostitute/ (2016)
Local Prostitution Ordinance: