East Palatka is a census-designated place of less than 2,000 residents, located in northeastern Florida’s Putnam County.
In April 2014, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office conducted a two-week anti-prostitution and anti-drug investigation that led to the arrest of 12 johns. The men were arrested after approaching an undercover female deputy along the Highway 17 South Corridor and making an offer of cash for sexual services. All arrestees’ names, ages, and mugshots were released to the public.
- Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
- Street Crimes Unit
- Drug/Vice Unit
- Reverse Stings and Shaming:
- “Street Crimes/Drug Vice Units Record Sixteen Arrests”, Press Release, Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, April 21 2014.
- “16 Arrested on Prostitution, Drug Charges”, WJXT-TV 4, April 22 2014.
- “Deputies Arrest 16 in Prostitution, Anti-Drug Operation”, CBS/WTEV-TV 47, April 22 2014.
- “Prostitution and Drug Sting, 16 Arrests”, NBC/WTLV-TV 12, April 22 2014.
- Prostitution and Human Trafficking in the City: